The Lightship is is now CLOSED for the season...
October 13th, Annual Meeeting and FREE open to the public presentaion, see below for details...

The Lightship Overfalls, located in Lewes DE, is one of only 17 remaining lightships out of a total of 179 built from 1820 to 1952.  Designated a National Historic Landmark in 2011, it is one of seven lightships in this country still open to the public.  (What is a lightship, you ask?)

The Overfalls Foundation is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization relying on your support to fulfill our mission.

Support us thru:

Join Overfalls

There are several ways to donate:
Cash Donations
Naming Opportunities
Rivet Purchases
Planned Giving


Social Functions
Attend our Opening Party, summer Sundowners and other events held during the year.

• October 13th, Annual Meeeting and open to the public presentaion
  Friday 7-8:30PM at St. Peters Church Hall. A presentation by Tom Pulmano, a Historical Interpreter, explores the 18th-century history of His Majesty’s Sloop DeBraak following the annual meeting. This is a FREE event open to the public.
• Overfalls Lightship Tour Schedule
  As a result of a comprehensive, and required, Coast Guard inspection prior to the Ship being towed to NJ for a haul out, the Ship is now CLOSED for the season. We will re-open Memorial Day weekend 2018.
• Overfalls Lightship as seen on
  Check out YouTube posted videos of the Overfalls Lightship as created by friends of Overfalls and local news organizations.
See us on WRDE See us on WBOC Watch a drone Fly-Over
• Delaware Museum Association Features the Overfalls Lightship
  The Delaware Museum Association highlights the restoration work done by the Overfalls' Dirty Hands Gang. to read their website article.
• Website Enhancement - Naming Opportunities
  The Overfalls Foundation now has the ability to show all donors who have purchased a “Naming Opportunity.” This list is searchable by “Owner” and/or by the “Item” purchased. to see those items purchased by our donors.
• The Overfalls Foundation Awards Three Scholarships
  The Overfalls Foundation is proud to announce the recipients of its 2017 Maritime Studies Scholarships presented to outstanding students who have made a definite commitment to maritime science. Those students are Will Geppert, Collin Birl and Kathryn Kreppin. To Read their achievements .
• Lowe's Rebuilds the Store and Welcome Center Front Porch
  The Lowe's store located at Five Points selected the Overfalls Foundation as the recipient of a community assistance project. The project replaced the aging porch of the Foundation's Ship's Store and Welcome Center and was completed in July 2016. for complete details.
Gold Level (click on logo for sponsor website)
Silver Level (click on logo for sponsor website)
Bronze Level (click on logo for sponsor website)


See our Business Members by Clicking here
(click on highlighted Premier Sponsors to visit their web site)

   St. Peter's Church Parrish Hall is located at 211 Mulberry Street, Lewes. Click here for directions.
Forecast          Maps

Ship's Store

219 Pilottown Road - P.O. Box 413 - Lewes, DE 19958 - Telephone 302-644-8050
Privacy Policy
Copyright © Overfalls Foundation. All Rights Reserved




October 28, 2014




December 11, 2016


Drone Fly-Over