FINAL BOARD MEETING MINUTES
November 9th, 2012
The Net House, Canalfront Park, Lewes, DE
ROLL CALL: Board Members: Tracy Mulveny, President; Valerie Cloutier, Vice President; Jayne Abercrombie, Secretary; Jack Lesher, Treasurer; Bert Long, Ray Glick, Norma Morrison, Robert Perri, Dennis Reardon, Bob Gibson, Chuck Patalive. Absent: Brook Hedge, Elaine Simmerman
Committee Members –Ruby Schaeffer
The meeting was called to order by Tracy Mulveny, President at 9:04 AM
· Approved by consensus of Board via e-mail.
· Thus far a net gain of $3,576 from the Hall of Fame banquet. Detailed report is pending once the finances are finalized.
· The Monomoy has a remaining balance available of $580 from grant funding. This does not reflect the monies allocated by the Board.
· Jack to confirm that the sound system cost will be removed from the marketing budget and be assigned to “Dirty Hands”.
· The board decided to hold off on contacting the dredging company about our outstanding bill.
· For the year ‘Excess Receipts over Expenditures’ total $52,041.
· Policies renew December 7th. After insurance review, guest Mike Cronin of M Insurance, determined that our current policy was well-priced, and also identified 2 other competitive carriers. He also suggested we consider hull insurance for an additional cost $13-$14,000 yr.
Board agreed to appoint executive committee to review proposals and make final decision within 10 days. M/S/A
Endowment Committee Report:
· Committee met with Gavin Braithwaite, member of LHS Endowment committee for guidance. Next step is to develop an endowment fund policy, and also to meet with Delaware Community Foundation for additional information and understanding.
CURRENT ISSUES FOR DISCUSSION
Wheel Theft: Board agreed to defer police action and place a feature in the Cape Gazette on the theft in hope of remorse or error.
E-mail as Outreach: – Board approved including-mails provided by ship visitors in OF e-mail blasts. Chuck will also add a link on the OF home page so visitors to the website can sign up for e-mail blasts.
December Events at the Ship: Anchor drop on NYE from 11:30 to 12:30am. December 1st Christmas Parade. Delaware Day. OF Christmas party on December 14th from 7-9 at Inn at Canal Square. Bring an appetizer to share.
· Change in Number of Board Meetings: Board agreed to eliminate both the July and the December board meetings for 2013. In 2013 board meetings will be held during the months of January, March, April, May, June, September, October, and November.
Meeting was adjourned at 11:05
Respectfully submitted by Jayne Abercrombie, Secretary
Enclosures to be added to final copy: