OVERFALLS FOUNDATION

Final  BOARD MEETING MINUTES

December 14th, 2012

OLLI Campus, Lewes, DE

 

ROLL CALL:  Board Members:   Tracy Mulveny, President; Valerie Cloutier, Vice President; Jayne Abercrombie, Secretary; Jack Lesher, Treasurer;  Bert Long, Ray Glick, Robert Perri, Bob Gibson, Elaine Simmerman, Brook Hedge.

 Absent: Dennis Reardon, Chuch Patalive, Norma Morrison                         

 

The meeting was called to order by Tracy Mulveny, President at 9:08 AM

 

SECRETARY’S REPORT

·         Approved as amended   M/S/A.

 

TREASURER’S REPORT 

    October Financials: 

·         Increase in revenue year-to-date: $9,000 annual giving, $10,000 annual gift of stock.

·         Bill Reader is doing a cost estimate on removal of ship for periodic maintenance, and wants to add dredging costs to that number.

·         New insurance is ‘in force’ with new carrier, and the annual premium has been paid. Company is requesting a hull survey. Ship records may suffice.

·         OF bylaws require a finance committee of 3. This needs to be addressed.  Jack to talk with Robert Perri.

 

CURRENT ISSUES FOR DISCUSSION

E-mail as Outreach:  A button has been added to the OF website,  saying  ”Join our website”.  It is working.

Wheel Theft:  No new information.

Small Museum Conference:  February 19-21st, 2013 in Ocean City, MD. Val and Tracy will attend.  Other board members encouraged to attend as well. OF will reimburse for registration.

Change in number of Board meetings:  Board agreed that meetings will be held in January, March, April, May, June, August, September, October, and November going forward.

 

NEW BUSINESS

·         AAM Pledge: All Board members should take the pledge, if they have not done so already. Tracy will complete the application and submit. Membership includes reciprocity with other member museums.

·         Organizational Restructure:  Review of new functions list.  Board accepted amended draft. List to stay in draft form for additional review.  Val is to amend the current draft to reflect suggested changes.

 

COMMITTEE REPORTS   

·         None

 

ADDITIONAL DISCUSSION POINTS

·         A reminder that the Mononoy group should reapply for funding to the LYC by April of 2013.

·         We have received approval for the shed and shop extension from the City.

·         Question as to whether the speakers program is of value. A suggestion was made to reduce the number of programs, and work to improve the quality.   Suggestion to combine a speaker with the annual meeting.

·         Discussion to replace the Opening Party with a 75th Birthday theme, and to simplify the auction element of the program.  Brook and Bob Gibson are exploring a change of venue from the Virden Center.  Board agreed that Brook should explore whether a change of venue made financial sense.

·         Tracy and Ray are to approach the Lewes Historical Society regarding sharing the responsibilities for the Life-Saving Station adjacent to the OF site.

 

Meeting was adjourned at 10:47

 

Respectfully submitted by Jayne Abercrombie, Secretary

 

 

Enclosures to be added to final copy:

·         OF Functions and Activities List (draft)