Final BOARD MEETING MINUTES
January 11, 2013
Home of Brook Hedge, Lewes, DE
Board Members: Tracy Mulveny, President; Valerie Cloutier, Vice President; Jayne Abercrombie, Secretary; Ray Glick, Norma Morrison, Dennis Reardon, Bob Gibson, Brook Hedge, Elaine Simmerman
Committee Members –Marsha Davis
Excused: Jack Lesher, Treasurer; Bert Long, Robert Perri, Chuck Patalive
· Approved by consensus with correction.
Year End Financials:
· Discussion of Dock Improvement/Dredging. The Board will continue to wait to settle this issue.
· Excess receipts over expenditures for 2012 totals $45,529. This operational cushion allows the OF foundation to begin to direct efforts towards endowment funding.
· Annual giving campaign, July of 2013. Membership letter will go out via e-mail the week of 1/14, with traditional mailing to follow the week of 1/28. Question whether the 2012 annual giving campaign in November will effect January’s membership drive.
· 2013 admission charge will be $5.00 per adult. Children under 14 free, with no charge for current members (or their families with family membership).
· Jack Lesher has received no budget requests to date for 2013.
CURRENT ISSUES FOR DISCUSSION
Small Museum Conference: February 19-21st, 2013, in Ocean City, MD. Val, Ray and Tracy will attend. Maximum of $400 allocated for costs.
Wheel House/Monomoy: Wheelhouse is being moved to the site today. John Lester will do the design work for the Monomoy shed. Cost has yet to be determined. Dave Bernheisel is pursuing grant proposals for $60,000. The estimated cost for the entire project is $40,000.
Activities/Functions Chart: Approved with additional minor revisions. Tracy will send copies to the Board with volunteers included as appropriate.
CAMM/SMA memberships: SMA membership is complete. Brook to hand-deliver CAMM membership paperwork next week. Ray Glick is to make presentation to the annual CAMM convention in Beaufort, SC., on The Big Lift and Beyond.
Anchor Drop: NYE ‘drop’ was a success with suggestions for enhancement next year.
Membership Letter: Approved with minor changes, including reference as Overfalls Lightship, LV-118. Tracy will sign as President. Total of 375-400 letters likely to be mailed.
Vandalism/Security System: Chuck Patalive and Dave Bernheisel will co-chair an ad hoc committee to explore the cost of video cameras on the OF site.
Advertising/Delaware Beach Book: It was decided to take out ½ page ad with placement in the top right corner of the page. Projected cost not to exceed $760, with the anticipated cost closer to $550, given +/- $400 in comps. Bob Gibson will explore cost of Midway Theatre ads.
· It was agreed that Tracy would write a letter to Lewes in Bloom, supporting their efforts for the Learning Garden in Stango Park.
· Mardi Gras is set at Irish Eyes for 2/12/2013. The restaurant will donate 10% of all food consumption for the evening.
· Bert is pulling the OF float in the MLK Day parade on 2nd Street .
· There will be no Board meetings in the months of February, July, or December, 2013.
Lewes Education Coalition: Sponsoring a Teacher’s Workshop on 7/31/13, with a $10 charge per registrant. Currently soliciting for grant monies. OF Board recognizes the benefits of our local non-profit groups working together for the common good of the town.
Maritime Hall of Fame: Elaine will revisit capturing the biographies of past inductees into book form.
Sunshine: Marsha will set up a phone tree for those members who have no internet ties. Barry Simmerman may be willing to take on those calls directly.
Meeting was adjourned at 10:54
Respectfully submitted by Jayne Abercrombie, Secretary
Enclosures to be added to final copy:
· Approved Activities & Functions Chart
· Membership letter
· Monomoy/Pilot House update