Final BOARD MEETING MINUTES
June 14th, 2013
The Net House, Canal Front Park, Lewes, De
Meeting called to order 9:08
Board Members: Tracy Mulveny, President; Jayne Abercrombie, Secretary, Ray Glick, Norma Morrison, Brook Hedge, Dennis Reardon, Bert Long, Robert Perri
Excused: Valerie Cloutier, Vice President, Jack Lesher, Treasurer, Bob Gibson, Elaine Simmerman, Chuck Patalive
Year to date Financials: thru 5/31/13
· The OF birthday party brought in $730 in donations. The board voted to add those dollars to the Endowment Fund.
· The board voted to create a president’s descretionary fund with a $500 annual allocation.
· Letters will go out in mid-July for the annual giving campaign.
CURRENT ISSUES FOR DISCUSSION
Endowment Fund Update: A total of $67,000 has been deposited to the Endowment Fund. The Lightship and Related Asset Maintenance Reserve has yet to be funded for $10,000. Jack Lesher is considering other funding alternatives than the GLF.
Pilothouse/Monomoy Update: Per memo from Dave Bernheisel: Contacting local contractors for volunteer contributions of construction labor for the Monomoy shed. Dave is confident that the OF has sufficient funding to complete the project even in the absence of such contributions. OF has obtained a 50% discount from retail pricing on supplies purchased from Lowes. DelDot has agreed to develop the pathway to the Monomoy display, with the OF paying a 10% matching contribution. The wheelhouse has a ‘wish for’ completion date of mid-August.
Opening Party Preliminary Report: Approximately $26,000 in receipts, with the bulk of the expenses still outstanding. These numbers put us close to where we were last year. Positive reports from attendees – a record of 370 in ticket sales. Most negative response was from our major sponsor, Community Bank, who will not be participating next year.
· Dragon Boat Festival/Liaison – As OF Events Coordinator, Brook Hedge has agreed to serve as our liaison to the dragon boat event. The dragon boat event runs from Thursday, September 12th through Sunday, September 15th. The OF clam bake is Saturday, September 14th.
· Ship Store staffing/schedule/manager: The ship store will open for business on Thursday, June 27th with admissions being charged for ship tours. The store will continue to operate in its former space until the wheelhouse museum/walkway is completed. Susan Trone has resigned as store manager.
Archive Committee: The accessioning policy is to be amended and put forth for a vote at the next board meeting . All artifacts are being moved to Building #10 on the Lewes Historic grounds. OF will be using the collections management policy of the Danish Immigrant Museum. The OF critera for accepting artifacts will be put on the website.
Meeting was adjourned at 10:15.
Respectfully submitted by Jayne Abercrombie, Secretary
Enclosures to be added to final copy: