Final BOARD MEETING MINUTES
September 13th, 2013
The Net House, Canal Front Park, Lewes, De
Meeting called to order 9:05
Board Members: Tracy Mulveny, President; Valerie Cloutier, Vice President, Jayne Abercrombie, Secretary, Ray Glick, Bob Gibson, Elaine Simmerman, Dennis Reardon
Excused: Jack Lesher, Treasurer, Bert Long, Chuck Patalive, Brook Hedge, Robert Perri
Guests: Cathy Heronemus , Eric Van Gilder
TREASURER’S REPORT – presented by Cathy Heronemus
Year to date Financials: thru 8/31/13
· Year to date ahead $11,536 receipts over expenditures. Admission charge is helping revenue.
· Net profit for Opening Party - $20,773.
· Jack Lesher has copies of the audit report for those requesting one.
Financial Report for Pilot House/Monomoy 1/1/12 thru 9/6/13
· Project receipts over expenditures $32,800.
· Total project cost expected to be $29,300. Net to date expenses $19,799.
· Dave Bernheisel suggests future requests for separate reports should be done with prior approval by board.
· Dennis Reardon submitted a bill for additional insurance coverage for Monomoy boat storage liability at BPW facility.
CURRENT ISSUES FOR DISCUSSION
Curator’s Report: Ray Glick presented a ‘red line’ copy of the Collections Management Policy of the Overfalls Foundation Museum, with a request for review and comment by the Board in anticipation of a vote at the October board meeting. The Artifacts Log is initially complete. A search should be done through the membership to identify artifacts still being held offsite, to be gathered and catalogued. The suggestion was made to check with past Overfalls historians as a first step in this process. A motion was made by Elaine Simmerman to accept both the Collections Management Policy and the Accessioning Policy. Seconded by Val and vote to accept.
PNC planned giving seminar: To be held Thursday, October 24th, at the Lewes Yacht Club. Six non-profits in addition to the OF will have tables at the event to include cocktails and a presentation by PNC representatives on planned giving vehicles available.
Dragon Boat Festival/Clambake events: Ship store will be open in advance of the event.
American Lightship Museum naming opportunity: The LS-112, Nantucket, was recently granted the name, U.S. Lightship Museum. The OF should consider pursuing the name, “American Lightship Museum’.
Meeting was adjourned at 10:10.
Respectfully submitted by Jayne Abercrombie, Secretary
Enclosures to be added to final copy: